Tuesday, August 30, 2011

What Storm? (Day 164) (Miles Hiked: 1890)



I wish I had a cool hurricane story. I wish it had been necessary to tie myself to a tree to avoid being blown away and I wish I had spent the duration of the storm with wind whipping through my hair while I cursed the gods like Lieutenant Dan in Forrest Gump.

Unfortunately, when the rains came, I was in a cheap hotel playing cards and eating caramel ice cream.

If it weren't for the condition of the trail the next day, I wouldn't have noticed that a hurricane had been here at all. The picture above is NOT a creek--that's the trail.

My feet are soaked but I'm in a great mood. Today, I cross a state border for the 13th and final time.

States finished:

Georgia
North Carolina
Tennessee
Virginia
West Virginia
Maryland
Pennsylvania
New Jersey
New York
Connecticut
Massachusetts
Vermont
New Hampshire

States remaining:

Maine

No comments:

Post a Comment