Thursday, June 23, 2011

Solo (1050 Miles Hiked) (Day 95)

I’m not sure why I bailed on the road trip.

Torch, Hardback, and I planned an epic journey out west that was going to hit several major national parks, but I ended up choosing to stay back east and continue walking north on the Appalachian Trail by myself.

I guess I could justify my choice not to go west by saying that I was worried my leg muscles would atrophy if I took too much time off or that I was concerned that I’d lose my focus on the AT or I just didn’t want to leave something half finished.

But that’s all probably BS.

The rational part of my mind that’s coming up with all those excuses is really just a passive observer in a car that’s being steered by unconscious forces that I don’t completely understand.

I don't know why I didn't go west and honestly, I don't care. The "why" doesn't matter.

All I know is that I have 1100 more miles to go and instead of worrying about why I’m walking them, I’d rather just throw my hands up in the air and enjoy the ride.

Yee-haw.




P.S. Hardback,Torch, and Mousebait--It's been a blast and I'm going to miss the hell out of all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment